MYSTIC LIVING PROGRAM
Yoga - Meditation - Ayurveda
Nov 25-30, 2018 at Daijokyo Buddhist Temple, Buddhagaya
Mystic Living Program (MLP) is a week-long residential program offering basic knowledge of Yogasana (postural yoga), step by step Meditation methodology and an introduction to Ayurveda. Mystic Living Program is facilitated by Mystic Coaches from Mystic Yoga – Kolkata in the traditional format. The aim of this program is to give you tools, techniques and the right spirit that will enable you to lead a healthier and more fulfilling life. The sense of ease and poise that you will attain will sustain you in the difficult times.
1. Learn different styles of asana practice: This course would aim to help you understand your body and integrate a Hatha Yoga sequence suited to your health and fitness condition at the moment. Though your main practice would be Hatha Yoga during this course, there will be an exposure to Ashtanga Vinyasa and Kundalini Yoga to give you a window into what is possible through Yoga. Certain Pranayama (breathing exercises) that will help you to refresh your brain and the entire nervous system will be an integral part of the course. Yoga and Pranayama will be taught in an experiential rather than theoretical manner.
2. Understanding several forms of meditation to make one your own: An introduction would be offered to the theory and practice of Yoga Nidra(Deep rest and relaxation), Vipassana (Mindfulness practices), Bodhisattva Training of Mind (Compassion Meditation) and Chanting. We all have different temperaments and naturally respond more favorably to a particular system of meditation. Mystic Living Program would give you sufficient inputs to understand your unique psychological makeup. The various practices will help you harmonize your energy, psyche, and emotions.
3. Learn about Ayurvedic Nutrition: The name Ayurveda originates from two Sanskrit words: Ayur (life) and Veda (knowledge or science). In a broad sense, it means knowledge concerning the maintenance of life. The main aim of Ayurvedic medicine is preventative; treating people before a disorder has a chance to even manifest itself.
4. Unique setting: As part of the course, there will be a group tour of Mahabodhi Temple at Bodh Gaya. The Mahabodhi Temple is one of the four holy sites related to the life of the Lord Buddha, and particularly to the attainment of Enlightenment. We intend to participate in Sutra chanting early morning, followed by Yogasana with the main temple as the backdrop and then walk around as pilgrims seeking understanding and blessings.
Sample daily schedule during Mystic Living Program
- 7.00-8.0 am - Yoga Practice
- 8.0 am - Breakfast / break-time
- 9.30-11.30 am - Meditation (Philosophy & experimentation)
- 12.00 noon - Lunch & rest-time
- 2.30 – 3.30 pm - Svadhyaya / self-study as per courseware
- 4.0-6.00 pm - Yoga abhyasa (Theory & practice)
- 6.00 pm - Dinner
- 7.0-8.0 pm - Ayurveda (Lecture)
- 9.00 – 10.00 pm - Hour of silence / private meditation
Actual schedule will be announced during the orientation session
Inclusive of classes, course material, shared accommodation and veg meals
- Rs. 22,500.00 (payable on or before 30th September 2018)
- Rs. 25,500.00 (payable by 31st October 2018)
Mystic Living Program will commence at 7 am on Nov 25th and end at 7 pm on Nov 30th. Please plan to arrive latest by the evening of 24th of November, i.e. Saturday, so that you will have some time to settle down and be ready for the course.
Arrival at Retreat Venue (Daijokyo Buddhist Temple, Buddhagaya): The retreat venue will be welcoming guests from 24th noon. In case you are arriving early, please consult us for arrangments. Take note of any holidays & festivals that may be held around the same time as you travel. It is normal for trains and buses to be overbooked at these times.
Program Venue & Host: The program will be hosted beside the landmark sits of the Buddhagaya, the Great 80 feet Buddha Statue and you would be staying at the Guest House of the Daijokyo Buddhist Temple. For details please visit www.great-buddha-statue.com. Mr. Kiran Lama, Secretary of the Daijokyo Buddhist Temple would be the principal host and has kindly agreed to talk on the historicity of the Buddhagaya and the Mahabodhi temple to all the participants. He is a very talented and versatile personality and one can learn spiritual principles from his day to day conduct. Humble and humorous he loves to cook, care for his numerous animals and serves on the board of literally more than a dozen educational and spiritual organizations based out of Buddhagaya.
Meals: The Daijokyo Guest House kitchen team work very hard to provide delicious vegetarian meals. In case you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know in advance we will try to take care of your needs to the extent possible. Breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner will be offered - 24th Nov (dinner) to 01st Dec (breakfast).
Accommodation: Twin sharing accommodation with attached bath is the norm; rooms are all clean and comfortable with mosquito nets and blankets. Check in any time on 24th Nov after 12 noon and check out any time before 11 am on 01st Dec. Should you prefer a single occupancy accommodation, please write in advance to check for availability etc.
How to proceed with your course registration
Having read the details if you would like to proceed with your registration please follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your intent of attending this course.
Step 2: Registration Form with bank account details will be shared with you
Step 3: Once we receive your i. online deposit, ii. duly signed registration form and iii. copy of your passport we will contact you and confirm your registration. You will only be confirmed once we receive all the three.
If you cancel more than 15 days in advance, you will be receiving 50% of the fees back. Later than that, no refund of your deposit will be possible.
In order to create an environment most conducive for study, reflection, and meditation, everyone attending the course is expected to abide by the following
- Live on a vegetarian diet during the course
- Refrain from gossiping or harsh speech.
- Cultivate clarity of mind and body - refrain from using intoxicants in any form.
- Sessions attendance: Students are asked to commit to attending all sessions in a timely manner. This will support and enhance the group dynamics, showing respect to the teacher and to fellow participants.
- Mobile phones and computers: We request course participants to keep the usage to the bare minimum.