IN SEARCH OF THE SOURCE...
TREK TO GOMUKH
June 9-16, 2018
Join us for an inner and outer adventure of a lifetime. Travel to the source which for ages has been the source of all life-knowledge for common man and sages alike.
Few shrines and sights match the aura and charm of Gangotri-Gomukh Yatra. With immense joy, we invite you to join Mystic Coaches for our forthcoming Retreat in June 2018.
This Retreat will be a healthy mix of pilgrimage, trekking, adventure, and sightseeing. Those who can make it will cherish the inner and outer adventure for of a lifetime. During the retreat, we will spend time at a school in Uttarkashi - experiencing the local flavors of Uttrakhand. Immerse in the haloed shrine of Gangotri and then trek to Tapovan via Gomukh, we will also visit Hardwar to be part of Ganga Arti at Har ki Pauri, even on cards is white water rafting at Rishikesh; Yoga and Meditation classes will be offered by Mystic Coaches whenever and wherever possible. Mystic Yoga members and non-members are welcome for this Retreat.
Mystic Coaches - Chirashree, Abhishek, and Sudhir consider themselves most fortunate to be facilitating this journey.
- Halt for a night and get introduced to a rural school in Uttarkashi – “Himalayan School of Life”
- Ganga Arti at Gangotri
- Trek to Bhujwasa and camp for 3 nights
- Trek to Gomukh from Bhujwasa
- Trek to Tapovan (weather and administration permitting)
- Rest at Gangotri
- Halt at Rishikesh
- Ganga Arti at Har ki Pauri
- White Water Rafting (for those desirous and time permitting)
- Silent meditation during Yatra by the Holy Ganges
- Open to Mystic Yoga Members / Non-members - All are welcome!
Start and End Dates
- We will start the Yatra on Saturday, 9th June at 8 am from Delhi Airport and finish the Yatra by 8 pm on 16th June at Delhi Airport.
- Kolkata folks can book their Kolkata – Delhi round trip flight tickets with Mystic Coaches on cost basis or make their own program to and from Delhi.
Maharaja 1 by 1 luxury tempo traveller or Innova car or its equivalent will pick the group from Delhi airport and go up to Gangotri and then drop the group back to Delhi airport.
Accommodations & Meals
- Accommodation in the hills will mostly be dormitory style with Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN). At Uttarkashi we will halt for one night at Himalayan School of Life for local village children for the experience and also to express our solidarity with them. Preferential accommodation where ever available will be allotted on the basis of age and health and will be at the discretion of the Yatra organizers.
- Meals served will be vegetarian ranging from basic to sumptuous as available. Kindly remember the journey will take us to places with modern infrastructure and also to places with only most basic camping facilities available. Eggs will not be served.
- The hardship that one has to endure in such a Yatra is amply compensated by the group camaraderie and the bountiful nature. Physically austere conditions that we will face are diametrically opposite to the spiritual treasures that will inundate our beings.
- As always during the course of the Retreat the participants are expected to refrain from Smoking, Drinking and consumption of non-vegetarian food.